Make the Switch to Freedom
At Freedom Credit Union, we want you to experience the credit union difference with us! That’s why we have made it easy for you to open new accounts with us and close your current accounts at another financial institution. Below is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.
Note: The forms in our Switch Kit are editable using your computer and can be completed in two ways: 1) type your answers directly into the forms on your computer, save them to your hard drive, then print them out to sign or 2) print out the forms and fill-in by hand.
- At Freedom Credit Union, your Share Savings account is the core account of your membership with us. Click here to open your Share Savings account and new checking account.
- Enroll in Freedom@Home, our online banking system
- Complete the Change in Direct Deposit form and bring it to your employer. For a VA change form, please call 877-838-2778. For a Social Security change form, call 800-772-1213.
- Fill-in the Automatic Payment Checklist with the information for each automatic payment you have created. This will help you complete the next step.
- Using the information in your Automatic Payment Checklist, complete the Change in Automatic Payments form for each regular payment. For example, if you have 10 different automatic payments, you will need a Change in Automatic Payments form for each of the 10 payments.
- Make sure your direct deposit and automatic payments are being received into your new Freedom checking account
- Make sure all checks with your former financial institution have been paid
- Complete the Close My Account form and send it to your prior financial institution so they can close your accounts
Click here for all the forms in the Switch Kit
If you have any questions during the process, please call our Member Contact Center at 413-739-6961 or 800-821-0160 or visit any branch.
We look forward to serving you as a new member of Freedom Credit Union!