Freedom website as accessible as our branches
At Freedom Credit Union, we want our website to be as accessible as our branches so all our members can easily access our services. That’s why we implemented the recommendations of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) as published by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
While there is no single definitive test of conformance to Level AA of the WCAG, we used a variety of methods to evaluate our accessibility, including, but not limited to, physical tests using screen-readers and keyboard only. If you find a part of the site that you feel does not conform to Level AA of the WCAG, please let us know so we can address the concern:
- Contact us by phone: (413) 739-6961 or (800) 821-0160
- Contact us via email: email@example.com
- At Freedom, our goal is to make every page accessible to users; however, we cannot guarantee that every page conforms to WCAG Level AA.
- We have used WCAG guidelines for compliance as suggested by the Department of Justice. While some of the compliance found in WCAG conforms with 508 Compliance, we are not 508 Compliant.
- We chose to use WCAG for compliance because they are preferred by the W3C, the consortium that sets the worldwide guidelines for the internet.
- Due to the use of 3rd party vendors, some pages have partial conformance. We cannot ensure conformance of crucial third-party plug-ins and widgets. That is why Freedom Credit Union claims partial conformance, not full site-wide conformance, as defined by WCAG Level AA 2.0.
- Freedom Credit Union uses automated testing as a baseline for conformance, but understands W3C’s position that “there is as yet no tool that can perform a completely automatic assessment on the checkpoints in the guidelines, and fully automatic testing may remain difficult or impossible.”