As a credit union member, you have a say in how Freedom Credit Union is run, and can vote for the Board of Directors each year. Due to the coronavirus pandemic and restrictions on public gatherings, we are changing the format of our Annual Meeting and using a drive-up voting process. We invite you to participate.
Monday, September 14, 2020
77 Boylston Street, Springfield
The meeting is for the following purposes:
- To elect four (4) Directors to three-year terms
- To determine, by statute, the amount of credit to be extended
- Other business
All Freedom Credit Union members over the age of 18 and with their own membership share savings account are eligible to vote. More information will be available on our website as the meeting date nears at freedom.coop.
In order to comply with state safety protocols, the meeting will begin at 4:00 PM and then be recessed to conduct the annual election of directors as shown below. At 5:45 PM, the meeting will be reconvened to complete outstanding business items.
There will be no formal presentations by the Board or Management. There will be no food provided. We will also forego this year’s prize drawings and in lieu of that, we shall make a donation on behalf of our members to a local charity or charities.
Please wear a mask when you come to vote.
- When you arrive, enter the parking lot using the Emery Street entrance.
- You will be verified by a Freedom Credit Union representative as a member.
- Once confirmed, you will receive a packet containing a ballot, pen and hand sanitizer in a sealed plastic bag.
- You can then pull into a parking spot to listen to the business portion of the meeting and to safely complete the ballot.
- As you exit out the Boylston Street exit, a Freedom Credit Union representative will collect your ballot from you. The pen and hand sanitizer are yours to keep.
Once voting ends, the ballots will be safely counted and the votes tabulated. A public announcement of the vote will be made on the premises, and will be posted to our website as soon as possible. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your participation.
To view the 2020 annual report that highlights all of the accomplishments that 2019 had, please click here!