Through the month of January, we are collecting donations at all branches to benefit the Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless and its essential work. There is no minimum donation—every dollar helps. Together, we can help our neighbors in need.
In the cold New England winter, individuals and families experiencing or facing homelessness are at peak risk. The Massachusetts Coalition for the Homeless has been working on their behalf since 1981, providing programs to identify and address the accelerating challenges of poverty and homelessness.
It does this by:
- Influencing public policy around access to affordable housing, income maintenance, access to medical and mental health care, social services, job training and employment.
- Offering public education about the problem of homelessness and its solutions and helping to organize people experiencing homelessness to empower them to advocate for themselves in public policy matters.
- Providing material assistance to keep people sheltered, clothed and fed.
The coalition is making a meaningful impact. In 2023 alone, it:
- Assisted 3,683 households in 298 Massachusetts communities.
- Provided 1,598 children living in poverty a bed of their own.
- Helped 7,924 individuals representing 1,981 households avoid homelessness and displacement.
In 2024, the coalition aims to escalate its efforts to continue enhancing its mission, which is “to create lasting solutions to housing, income, health, education, and racial inequalities in all parts of the Commonwealth.”
This is a mission we know our members, staff and community will get behind. Thank you in advance for your generosity.