On behalf of the Pioneer Valley Chapter of the Cooperative Credit Union Association, Freedom Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the 2023 College Scholarship Program. The program provides an opportunity for our members and/or our members’ children to be awarded money toward higher education. A total of nine college scholarships will be awarded in 2023. The Cooperative Credit Union Association will award one $1,500 scholarship and the Pioneer Valley Chapter will award eight $2,000 scholarships.
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2023–2024 academic year.
- The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of the sponsoring credit union.
- Each applicant must complete a 2023 Scholarship Application form and submit it with the other required materials to the sponsoring credit union.
- The Scholarship Committee will select the scholarship winners by evaluating each applicant on the following criteria: academic achievement, extracurricular/community activities and an essay.
How to Apply
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications by Friday, March 10. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration.
- Completed application
- List of extracurricular school activities and community service
- Typewritten essay of 500 words or less on the following topic: What advice would a wisdom tooth have?
- An official high school academic transcript of grades, including midyear/first-semester senior grades, completed by their counselor
- Most current standardized (SAT, ACT or both) testing scores (either on an official high school transcript or a copy from a testing agency)
Applications must be returned to any Freedom Credit Union branch or by mail to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee – PO Box 3009 Springfield, MA 01101 by Friday, March 10. Winners will be notified by mail.