Experience the credit union difference
At Freedom Credit Union, we want you to experience the credit union difference with us. Our Switch Kit makes transferring accounts easy!
The forms in our Switch Kit are editable using your computer and can be completed in one of two ways:
- Type your answers directly into the forms on your computer, save them to your hard drive, then print them out to sign.
- Print out the forms and fill them in by hand.
Below is a step-by-step guide to help you through the process.
Make the Switch to Freedom
- At Freedom Credit Union, your Share Savings account is the core account of your membership with us. Open your Share Savings account and new checking account.
- Enroll in Freedom@Home, our online banking system.
- Complete the Change in Direct Deposit form and bring it to your employer. For a VA change form, please call 877-838-2778. For a Social Security change form, call 800-772-1213.
- Fill-in the Automatic Payment Checklist with the information for each automatic payment you have created. This will help you complete the next step.
- Using the information in your Automatic Payment Checklist, complete the Change in Automatic Payments form for each regular payment. For example, if you have 10 different automatic payments, you will need a to complete a Change in Automatic Payments form for each of the 10 payments.
- Make sure your direct deposit and automatic payments are being received into your new Freedom checking account.
- Make sure all checks with your former financial institution have been paid.
- Complete the Close My Account form and send it to your prior financial institution so they can close your accounts.
Click here to download all the forms in the Switch Kit (PDF)
If you have any questions during the process, please call our Member Contact Center at 413-739-6961 or 800-821-0160 or visit any branch.