Mortgage Loan Officer - Full-Time
Under the general direction of the CLO/Vice President of Lending and the Mortgage Manager, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, solicits mortgages for the credit union. Assists branch loan interviewers as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Solicits outside business contacts in an effort to produce mortgages for the credit union.
- Works with correspondent banks for terms and conditions for loan sales.’
- Handles government sponsored loans through the government or direct with correspondents.
- Produces monthly contact information for review.
- Interviews loan applicants. Documents income, debt, and credit history.
- Requests relevant documentation for verification (i.e., income tax returns, bank account numbers, purchase agreements and property descriptions).
- Determines if applicant meets establishment standards for further consideration.
- Informs applicant of closing costs such as appraisal, credit report, and attorney’s fees.
- Notifies applicant and/or other individuals to resolve discrepancies such as credit report reflecting late payment history, etc.
- Notifies applicant of mortgage acceptance or denial in writing.
- Prepares and submits mortgages requiring Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) for approval.
- Presents financing options at First Time Home Buyer Seminars.
- Prequalifies applicants for mortgage loans. Follows up with applicants over next 30-90 days to see if they have found a home to purchase.
- Handles telephone inquiries and provides information as requested by members relative to mortgage products.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any/all issues relating to mortgage department operations.
- Attends and assists with home shows and mortgage seminars. May also be requested to attend other functions such as real estate and home builders meetings
- Complies with any/all reasonable requests made by supervisor.
- Credit and underwriting skills and/or experience a must.
- Knowledge of mortgage lending and mortgage related delivery channels required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of all Windows applications (i.e., MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience originating mortgage loans.
- Well versed in all conventional and government mortgage loan programs.
- Excellent knowledge of secondary market guidelines.
Mortgage Loan Processor - Full-Time, Boylston location
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Process all 1st mortgage loan applications and assist with equity loan applications according to underwriting conditions, secondary marketing standards along with state and federal regulations.
- Ordering and obtaining all necessary loan documentation and compiling the loan file in accordance with credit union guidelines.
- Proficiently maintain a pipeline of 30-40 loans.
- Maintain accurate record of communications and/or actions related to disclosing process in the communication log of the applicable loan file.
- Obtain and clear all outstanding loan conditions as set by the underwriter.
- Assists with sale of loans to the FHLBB and FNMA, including but not limited to daily pricing, contracting loan commitments, loan deliveries and annual audits.
- Update borrowers and Branch Officers with loan status.
- Keep abreast of day-to-day policies, procedures, products and rates.
- Create and update tracking records for pipeline reporting.
- Handle telephone inquiries, research and resolve member problems, provide information and assistance to members and staff.
- Assist with the preparation of closing documents, to include rate lock commitments, and accounting of all fees.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all loans prior to funding prior to closing.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of federal and multi-state laws and agency disclosure guidelines affecting residential mortgage origination: ECOA, FACTA, FCRA, MDIA, BSA/AML, HMDA.
- Research and assist in the analysis and interpretation of industry and HMDA practices as they relate to the Credit Union’s practices.
- Review loan originate, cancelled, withdrawn and denied. Level documentation to verify documentation supports the HMDA action taken.
- Perform timely and accurate reviews of the loan data that will populate to the HMDA LAR for submission to the Mortgage Department Manager.
- Working knowledge of Windows/MS Office applications (Outlook, WORD, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of specific credit union applications (Insight, COCC, etc.)
- Knowledge of loan operating systems (Calyx, Mortgagebot)
- NMLS/SAFE ACT compliant.
- Possess solid organizational and time management skills as well as strong knowledge in FHA, VA, USDA, Mass Housing, FHLB and Conventional (FNMA & FHLMC) regulations.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment, such as personal computer, fax machine, postage machine, photocopier and typewriter.
- Self-starter, self-reliant, dependable, ability to work within specific time constraints
- Team player with positive attitude and willing to work well with others.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Good organization and communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of experience in processing/closing residential mortgages preferred.