A credit union is a cooperative financial institution owned by its depositors.
As a not-for-profit organization, Freedom Credit Union returns its profits to our members in the form of high rates on deposit accounts, low rates on loans and low or no fees for our services. We exist to help you, not turn a profit for ourselves—that’s the credit union difference.
And, as a credit union member, you have a say in how the credit union is run. You can vote for the Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting held every April, and even run for a position on the Board.
Whatever stage of life you are in, whether you’re headed to college or about to retire, we can help you with your finances, savings and financial planning. Looking to buy a car, get a home or start your nest egg? We are committed to making your money work for you. To become a member, you simply need to open a Share Savings Account with a $5 minimum balance. See our simple eligibility requirements.
At Freedom Credit Union, we treat every member as an individual, not a number. It’s a cooperative spirit, rather than a corporate one—with products, programs and perks that benefit you.
As a member, you’ll enjoy many features, including:
- Branch locations throughout western Massachusetts
- Surcharge-free ATM access at over 55,000 retail locations across the globe through the Allpoint® and SUM® networks
- Mobile app
- Online banking, including bill pay and eStatements
- Digital Wallet apps
- Personal debit cards
- Competitive rates on a comprehensive range of financial products
- Popmoney®—personal payment service app
- Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) for 24/7 check processing
- Consumer credit card rewards programs
- No cost consultation with a certified financial planner