Cooperative Credit Union Association & Pioneer Valley Chapter 2022 College Scholarship Applications
On behalf of the Pioneer Valley Chapter of the Cooperative Credit Union Association, Freedom Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the annual Scholarship Program. The Scholarship Program provides an opportunity for our members and/or our member’s children to be awarded money toward higher education. A total of nine scholarships will be awarded in 2021. The Cooperative Credit Union Association will award one (1) $1,500 scholarship and the Pioneer Valley Chapter will award eight (8) $2,000 scholarships.
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2022-2023 academic years.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of the sponsoring credit union.
- Eligibility for Chapter Scholarships are limited to credit unions who are a member in good standing with the Cooperative Credit Union Association AND the Pioneer Valley Chapter.
- Each applicant must complete a current 2022 Scholarship Application form and submit it with the other required material to the sponsoring credit union.
The Scholarship Committee will select the scholarship winners evaluating each applicant on the following criteria: academic achievement, extracurricular/community activities and essay.
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration.
- Completed application.
- List of extracurricular school activities and community service.
- Students must submit a typewritten essay in 500 words or less on the following topic: How is Social Media changing family relationships?
- An official high school academic transcript of grades, including midyear/first-semester senior grades, completed by their counselor.
- Most current standardized (SAT, ACT, or both) testing scores (either on official high school transcript or a copy from a testing agency).
Applications must be returned to any Freedom Credit Union branch, or by mail to
Attn: Scholarship Committee – PO Box 3009 Springfield, MA 01101 by Thursday, March 10, 2022.
The application can be accessed here.