National Homeownership Month is celebrated every June to highlight not only the dream of home ownership, but to recognize the organizations and professionals who can help you make that dream a reality. With interest rates lower than ever, now may be the time to act.
Choosing the Right Mortgage
Many first-time home buyers have questions about which mortgage option makes the most sense for them. First, you must look at your present situation:
- How much money can you put down?
- What is your credit score?
- What monthly payment is affordable to you?
You must also look into the future:
- How long do you intend to stay in the home?
- When do you plan to retire?
- Will your earnings increase sharply over time?
- How safe is your employment?
- Is there a chance you may have to move in the next 3–10 years?
The answers to these questions will determine if a 30-year fixed rate product is best, a 15-year fixed rate product, an adjustable rate mortgage, or a government-based loan. There are a lot of mortgage products. A seasoned mortgage loan originator will ask you the right questions to determine which product best suits your needs now and in the future.
Meet Our Mortgage Loan Originators
First-time homebuyers appreciate our mortgage professionals who will help you every step of the way.
- Lisa Mish, NMLS #50274, has been a mortgage consultant for more than 15 years, and is bilingual in English and Spanish. You can reach her at our main office in Springfield at (413) 505-5735.
- Pamela Patenaude, NMLS #719008, has over 10 years of experience, and can help make sure you have the quickest and smoothest experience possible. You can reach her at our Ludlow branch at (413) 505-5780.
- Stacey Pinardi, NMLS #436661, offers 20 years of experience, and uses her knowledge and commitment to guide you through the entire lending process. You can reach her in our Turners Falls branch at (413) 505-5786.
- Viktorija Randall, NMLS #689655, applies her 10 years of experience to make the mortgage process stress free. She is fluent in English, Russian and Lithuanian, and you can reach her at (413) 505-5712 at our 16 Acres, Springfield branch.
In breaking news, Lisa Mish has placed as one of the Massachusetts Top Loan Originators in the Credit Union category. Lisa has been ranked in Western Massachusetts as #5 in Volume of Loans and #4 in Number of Loans. Congrats to Lisa and the whole mortgage team!
Our great rates and low fees mean more money goes to your new home, and mortgage pre-qualifications are always free. You can even apply online in as little as 20 minutes. Now may be the time to make your dream of home ownership a reality. Contact us to get started.