On Friday, June 30, 2023, Popmoney will be discontinued nationwide across all financial institutions by its service provider.
Here’s what you need to know if you use this person-to-person payment platform:
- As of 6 PM ET on June 30, you will no longer be able to send or receive Popmoney payments or view and manage your payment history through your financial institution.
- Immediate payments and transactions initiated before 6 PM on June 30, 2023, will be processed. Recipients who are registered Popmoney users will receive payment automatically. If the recipient is not a registered Popmoney user, they will get a notification through email or text message with instructions for accepting the payment. If the payment is not accepted after 10 days, funds will be returned to the sender.
- Beginning at 6 PM on June 30, 2023:
- No new transactions will be processed.
- No new Popmoney enrollments will be allowed.
- No recurring or future-dated payments will be processed. We recommend canceling payments scheduled for delivery after June 30, 2023.
There are a variety of options you can choose to replace Popmoney. You can schedule one-time or recurring payments using online banking with Freedom@Home and FreedomCU Mobile. There are also person-to-person payment platforms you can research that are similar to Popmoney, such as PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Cash and Samsung Pay.
Please reach out to our Member Contact Center if you have any questions.