On behalf of the Pioneer Valley Chapter of the Cooperative Credit Union Association, Freedom Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the 2024 College Scholarship Program. The program provides an opportunity for our members and/or our members’ children to be awarded money toward higher education. The Pioneer Valley Chapter will award eight $2,000 scholarships.
- Eligibility is limited to high school seniors who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college degree program during the 2024-2025 academic years.
- Applicant or parent/guardian must be a member of the sponsoring credit union.
- Eligibility for Chapter Scholarships are limited to credit unions who are a member in good standing with the Cooperative Credit Union Association AND the Pioneer Valley Chapter.
- Each applicant must complete a current 2024 Scholarship Application form and submit it with the other required material to the sponsoring credit union.
- Each credit union will then select its top 2 applications and forward them to the Chairman of the Scholarship Committee. They must be accompanied by a cover letter from the sponsoring Credit Union verifying that each applicant and/or parent/guardian is a credit union member
How to Apply
Students must submit the following items with their completed applications by Friday, March 10. All items requested must be received in order for the application to qualify for consideration.
- Completed application.
- List of extracurricular school activities and community service.
- Students must submit a typewritten essay in 500 words or less on the following topic: What is the #1 piece of financial advice you have lived by that you would pass on to someone younger than you or your younger self? Why?
- An official high school academic transcript of grades, including midyear/first semester senior grades, completed by their counselor.
- Most current standardized (SAT, ACT, or both) testing scores (either on official high school transcript or a copy from a testing agency).
(As colleges continue to evolve and not require students to take the SAT or ACT, this item is now considered optional.)
Applications must be returned to any Freedom Credit Union branch or by mail to:
Attn: Scholarship Committee – PO Box 3009 Springfield, MA 01101 by Friday, March 8. Winners will be notified by mail.