In order to remain abreast of the latest technological changes and updates, we will be converting all our ATMs on a rolling schedule and issuing new debit cards. For a short time, this will impact your access to Freedom Credit Union ATMs. While we know this ATM conversion may pose an inconvenience for some, you will still be able to withdraw funds surcharge-free at ATMs worldwide through the Allpoint® and SUM® networks. In addition, online banking and mobile banking will remain available 24/7.
You will not be able to make deposits using Freedom ATMs during this time; however, you can still make check deposits using our mobile app.
ATM Conversion Schedule
Each branch’s ATM will be down for most of the day of its scheduled conversion. Once an ATM is converted, members will not be able to make ATM deposits until after our debit cards have been updated on September 7. All other transactions will be available. During this time, you will be able to use remote deposit capture through the mobile app for check deposits.
- Monday, August 15 – Main Street, Springfield (Walk-Up ATM)
- Wednesday, August 17 – Turners Falls
- Thursday, August 18 – Chicopee
- Monday, August 22 – West Springfield
- Tuesday, August 23 – Northampton
- Wednesday, August 24 – Feeding Hills
- Thursday, August 25 – Ludlow
- Monday, August 29 – Greenfield
- Tuesday, August 30 – Cooley Street, Springfield
- Wednesday, August 31 – Main Street, Springfield (Drive Up ATM)
- Thursday, September 1 – Easthampton
New Debit Cards
As part of this conversion, we are sending all members new debit cards; however, you will not be able to activate the new card until Wednesday, September 7, when the conversion is complete. Please continue to use your existing Freedom Credit Union debit card until that time. Once you have activated the new card on September 7, you can destroy the old one.
After the transition, please note:
- ATM deposits and other transactions made after 3 PM will be processed and posted on the next business day.
- There will be a separate mobile app just for card controls that will replace the ones on our current mobile app. Mobile card controls will not be available until the new app is set up.
- If you are enrolled in digital wallets (Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay), you will need to re-enroll after you activate your new debit card on September 7.
- We will be issuing enhanced fraud alerts toward the end of September that will include text and email messages as well as phone calls.
Thank you for your patience during this essential update. Please contact us if you have any questions.