We’ll Match Total Donations up to $2,500 throughout December
The Pioneer Valley United Service Organizations (USO) was set up in the 1940s to help local service families in need. With all the challenges this year, the organization has experienced a dip in donations, and we hope you’ll consider joining us to help support the Pioneer Valley USO.
Through December 31, you can make a donation online to help purchase healthy food and personal care items to benefit members of our military and ensure their holidays are happy. As an added gift, we’ll match total donations up to $2,500.
What does the USO Do?
The mission of the USO is to strengthen America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country throughout their service to our country. The Pioneer Valley USO, which is located at Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee:
- Provides more than 102,000 lbs. of food to over 3,200 individuals annually through the Emergency Food Pantry
- Supports more than 600 families with holiday food baskets for Thanksgiving and Christmas annually
- Sends more than 500 care packages to deployed military men and women around the world
- Is funded entirely by private donations, sponsorships and grants
- Offers support to both Westover Air Reserve Base in Chicopee and Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield
During this holiday season, there are about 220,000 American men and women on active duty in 100 countries who will not be home for the holidays. Together, we can work to relieve some of their stress by helping to ensure their families are cared for when we help stock the USO Emergency Food Pantry.
From all of us at Freedom, thank you for supporting your friends and neighbors throughout western Massachusetts. Happy holidays!