Each year, the Credit Union National Association, the World Council of Credit Unions, and credit unions around the globe, join together to celebrate International Credit Union Day (ICU Day) to raise awareness about what it means for members around the world to have a credit union as their financial partner.
This year’s COVID-19 pandemic has been difficult for people everywhere, especially from a financial perspective. Credit unions have stayed true to their cooperative principles and stepped up during this time of uncertainty. This year’s ICU Day theme, “Inspiring hope for a global community,” reflects how credit unions contribute to a brighter future by providing financial empowerment through financial services, education and support.
Inspiring Hope: Our Local Efforts
Locally, we implemented several initiatives to help our members and community respond to challenges brought about by the pandemic. This included:
- Offering Freedom Relief Loans for members
- Supporting local relief efforts such as the Hampshire County Heroes Program and Feed the Fight
- Implementing fee waivers and loan deferments
- Providing information about coronavirus financial scams
- Offering personalized consultations for members with financial challenges
In Your Corner
At Freedom, ours is a cooperative spirit, rather than a corporate one. While many things are still uncertain today, you can have confidence that we are here and ready to serve your needs while inspiring hope and adapting to our changing realities. Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can help you.